The WCC Weekly Roundup

2012 Photo Challenge

Are you ready to step it up a notch on 2012?

Here's the challenge: Start a 365 Project.

What's a 365 Project? Basically its to challenge yourself to take one (or more) photographs every day for a whole year. Then choose one photo a day and share it with your friends and colleagues online.
Is it going to be easy? Absolutely NOT. I started this almost two months ago and its really difficult some days. There's days where you've had a log day at work and the last thing you feel like is picking up a camera. But what I have found that it really does get you to pick up your camera and make images. It also makes you think about what to shoot next. It makes you always take your camera with you all the time. There's some days that I've taken photos I really like and I know I wouldn't have even had my camera with me if I wasn't doing this project. The point is just to shoot. Doesn't have to be an award winning shot every day. Some days you will just take one picture of your dog. That's fine. Its one more picture than no picture. 

So- the new year is upon us- take the challenge!

For those that are keen here's a few links to help you get started:

A Polaroid A Day for 6,000 Days [18 years!]

 Also if you going to take up the challenge you are going to need some place to share your photos. You don't have to upload the photos every day. You can shoot and upload once a week if you like. Your choice. Just need to shoot every day.


I've tried a couple of different options:

Facebook or Google+ - You can create an album/or a page and upload to it every day. 

Tumblr - This is quite a nice option. Its basically a simple picture blog. Very easy to upload to every day. (Here's my album)

Flickr - Good option. There's many groups on the topic that you can use for inspiration or to post into for advice. (Here's my album)

500px - This is my personal favorite. I love the way they display the photos and there are endless amazing photos to look through for inspiration. (Here's my album)


These are just some options- use whatever you like. 


Lastly- I shared my project so you must do the same. If you take up the challenge leave a comment with a link to your album and we can all encourage each other. 



Happy shooting - Have a great 2012!










Comments

Popular Posts